Sonic the Hedgehog has been a popular gaming character for many years. He still looks the same today as he did when he first became popular, but his design has gotten a bit of an upgrade in recent years. Most notably his hair has grown out a little bit and he has longer legs to match his bigger sneakers! Whether you’re new to drawing or are a seasoned pro, you can easily draw Sonic with a little bit of practice. He’s one of the most recognizable gaming characters out there, so pictures of him are sure to be noticed by everyone.
Below you’ll find tips about difficulties you may face while learning how to draw Sonic the hedgehog so that you’re prepared for what challenges may arise during the process. In this guide we have also supplied a sample sketch of Sonic the Hedgehog as well as six simple steps that tell you exactly what you need to do. These steps are straight forward and easy to follow, so they can help you create a professional looking drawing in no time.
The best part about the drawing is that when you’re done you can color the character just how you want! Normally he is a blue character with white gloves, a tan colored stomach and red shoes. If you want to color him differently, then you can certainly do that.
Fortunately Sonic the Hedgehog is a character that experts as well as beginners can draw. It only takes a few minutes to make this drawing and the difficulties you run into should be minimal. You can start off drawing a simple image and add in details as you go; it really just depends on how many details you want and what your skill level is. Some people find that it’s easiest to master the main image first and then add in the details later on. The most difficult parts of drawing for most people include:
- Hands and Shoes: Although optional, you may want to add shadows to your picture on both these places. Look at the sample picture to get an idea of where the shadows should be located. Doing so will give the character more detail so it will look more realistic.
- Sketch the head and the body.
- Continue drawing the head and then draw the eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Sketch the pupils in the eyes and then draw the right hand.
- Sketch the left hand.
- Draw the legs and the shoes.
- Add shadows and depth to the character.