In the movie “Despicable Me“, audiences were introduced to the cute minions, which were Twinkie-shaped characters that had glasses with cute little faces. They were sweet, caring and became favorites among children and adults who watched the movie. They have also been featured on a lot of merchandise, including toys and even clothing. In the follow-up movie, “Despicable Me 2“, audiences saw new minions, which were evil! They are purple creatures that mutated from the original minions, so they turned out much differently. Their mutation was caused from the serum PX-41, and it turned them into vicious monsters who were indestructible.
These minions ate everything in front of them and looked far different from the cute little minions that audiences were so used to. They have purple skin, purple hair and crooked teeth. Their hair is also bushy and wild, and their posture is slumped over instead of straight. Evil minions are also wild, so they don’t understand how to speak and instead scream in order to communicate. If you’re interested in learning how to draw an evil minion, then the drawing tutorial below can help you out. The steps are simple and easy to follow!
Drawing an evil minion is simple and easy for even beginners. In fact, this drawing lesson only contains 7 steps, while our others take 10-12. Details are necessary when you create this character, but they should be easily made if you take your time and pay close attention. It shouldn’t take you more than 15 or 20 minutes to draw this character and there are only a few difficulties you may run into, which include:
- Hair: This is probably going to be the most difficult. You first need to draw a contour of the hair and then go back and add in the locks. The details on the hair will make the minion look more realistic.
- Eye: This minion has only one eye, but make sure you pay close attention to the eyelid to make him look more bored.
- Draw a contour of the minion’s head and body.
- Add shape to the head and then draw in the mandible.
- Draw in the glasses and eye, then sketch locks of hair.
- Define locks of hair and draw in 4 teeth.
- Draw two hands hanging on the sides. Draw the minion’s suit.
- Draw one fold in the suit. Color in the eyelid.
- Add shadows to the image or simply color in the hair and suit if you do not like shading.