Son Goku (or Goku) is one of the main characters in the manga series “Dragon Ball”. He practices martial arts, has superhuman strength and looks like a human to everyone who doesn’t know about his super powers. His goal is to protect earth from villains who want to harm it and find the Dragon Balls with his friends. His character wears a red jumpsuit with black belt and has tall spiked black hair. He’s also got a muscular and fit body that comes from all of his martial arts training. Goku is an extremely popular character and can be seen on television regularly in “Dragon Ball Z”. He’s even been referred to as the greatest anime character of all time, which is a great accomplishment for his creators.
If you like this character like so many people do, then you probably want to learn how to draw Goku! After all, he is a fun character because of his unique hair and muscular frame. While he might not be the easiest character to create, it can be done with a little bit of time and practice. Even if you’re a novice drawer you can do this if you take your time and follow the steps that are listed below.
Before you get started with the steps below, it’s important to point out some difficulties you might face while drawing. Son Goku is not easy to draw, so you first need to be patient with yourself. Don’t put pressure on yourself to make it perfect and it will be easier to draw. The details below are those that you should pay close attention to.
- Top and Bottom Clothing: There are a lot of folds in this part of the drawing. To draw a clothing fold, just sketch two parallel lines together, one in bold and the other lighter and thinner.
- Hands: Use a thin pencil to add details to the hands and muscles.
- Draw the contour of Goku’s body, head and ears.
- Sketch his hair and then add the shape to the ears.
- Draw the lock of hair on the forehead.
- Sketch his eyes, nose and mouth.
- Circle the contour of Goku’s clothing and add details and sharp lines to the clothing. Draw chest muscles.
- Sketch two hands and add folds on the clothing.
- Add details to the hand muscles using a thin pencil, then draw folds on the upper clothing and belt.
- Draw folds on the bottom clothing and then sketch the shoes.
- Add details to the shoes.
- Color in the hair, shoes and clothing. Add shadows to folds in the clothing.